Monday 29 December 2014

Pick N Mix Nails Catch up post!

Apologies for my absence, the holidays are always super busy in the Painted Claws household.

Instead of doing a series of posts for my catch up manis for the 52 week challenge, I'm putting them together in one giant post!


Week 9 - Brush Stroke / Favourite Brand

I totally cheated for this week - I couldn't pick just one favourite brand. So I went for my two mainstream favourites - OPI  & China Glaze.


The polishes for the base of this mani are OPI How Great is my Dane and Christmas gone Plaid. I love both the Nordic and Holiday collections from OPI this year, even if the Holiday collection did contain about six million red polishes.

How Great is my Dane is a lovely chocolate brown, completely opaque in two coats and wonderfully smooth. Christmas gone Plaid has the same formula, but I was a little wary of letting it near my cuticles or leaving the polish on too long - its very pigmented and I really feared staining!


The toppers are from my second favourite brand - China Glaze. The holo dust is the best glitter topper known to man - Fairy Dust. Three days in to a mani and getting bored? Fairy Dust! Want to fancy up a swatch? Fairy Dust! Need more sparkle? Fairy Dust!!! The white snowy topper is Chillin' with my Snow-mies, from the Twinkle collection. I love the mix of glitter sizes in this topper, its fantastic.


Week 10 - Camouflage / Dark Green


It was a toss up for my favourite dark green between OPI Live and Let Die and this polish, which is China Glaze Glittering Garland. I picked this up a couple of years ago as a bargain in TKMaxx, along with the full coverage glitter Glistening Snow.

I decided to go for a Christmas theme for this one as I couldn't resist using this green for a Christmas Tree. Its just so festive!



Week 11 - Chevrons / Red & Gold

I know I painted these, because I remember which polishes I used - bondi Horny Mistress and BarryM Majesty.

The pictures, however, seem to have disappeared from my camera.

Massive Fail.


Week 12 - Crinkly Tape / Glitter Topper

I'm not one for loads of glitter, I'm lazy and hate the removal, so this mani didn't stay on long.


This is Fresh Frog of Bel Air, from OPI's first Muppets collection, over a base of Nails Inc Park Crescent. I was aiming for a deconstructed holly look here, but I kinda feel like the red gems look like spider eyes....


No comments:

Post a Comment