Thursday 30 January 2014

Wit beyond measure is man's greatest treasure

I'm a bit of a nerd, this is no secret.

For years I actually refused to read Harry Potter, I can't remember why. When I did get round to it, I have to be completely honest and say that I really could not stand 2/3rds of the main characters. But I persevered and read all of them, and from considerable thought on this topic I can definitely would (like to) be in Ravenclaw. I even own an official Ravenclaw silk house tie. I loveses it so.

So it was safe to say that when I bought China Glaze Frostbite and one of the new Maybelline glitter toppers - Bronze me up! - this weekend, I had to use them together.




Frostbite is a super bright blue frost polish that is super eye-catching. The colour is super saturated, but the formula on the polish itself was quite sheer but it evened out quite nicely in 3 coats.


The colour is so bright and so very blue I totally couldn't resist it.


Then I decided to test out my new bottle of Bronze Me Up from the Maybelline Stripped Nudes collection. Bronze Me Up is a fairly simple glitter mix - bronze hexes of medium and micro size in a clear base, with just enough glitter to not swamp anything you put on underneath.


This is just one coat of Bronze me up over 3 coats of Frostbite, topped with one coat of Deborah Lippmann Addicted to Speed fast drying topcoat. Addicted to Speed is totally my go-to fast drying topcoat at the minute, its so fast, doesn't come out all super thick like Seche Vite but still leaves my nails well protected and super shiny. Just a shame it's well expensive - I can only find it for £18 a bottle on Google shopping, although I managed to snag mine in TkMaxx as part of a set that was 3 polishes for £15. Bargain.

No comments:

Post a Comment