Wednesday 14 August 2013

Guest Post - Rachael from Racho's Nail Love

Hi all! I'm Rachael from Rachos Nail Love. I'm here while Becca is absent, soaking up the beautiful sun on her holiday as she kindly let me do a guest post for her! By let me, I think I bugged her a lot and just told her I was doing one.. but it's a good one I promise - can't have anything less than the best for my best friend :)

So anyway - here I go! I started to rack my brains about what sort of nails to do. I had a few ideas of what I would like to try, but as you will know - ideas don't always pan out!

So my first idea was negative space nails. I also love skittles / skittlettes where you have a variety of nail designs with one common aspect like colour, theme etc. And I really love studs, and especially stud crosses. So I thought I would try and throw them all together in a black and gold combination. I loved it until I realised I didn't have any gold tape to finish off my negative spaces. Thats okay - I'll try and freehand it. WRONG! Totally ruined it. Here's what it turned out like. No good.. don't know why I even stuck my name on it!


But I loved the cross, so I decided to keep that and start my other nails again. Bye bye negative space! So I had a perusal of bloglovin, pinterest and instagram and then I remembered some beautiful nails I saw over at Paulina's Passions. I loved them so much, so I thought I would try some splatter nails again. 



So here are my final version nails. I had to add studs, because I love them soooo much at the moment! These ones are from a wheel from Born Pretty Store. I do have to say sorry though as by the time I was finally happy with my nails, the light wasn't great, so the photos are a little dark! Sorry!



What do you think? The colours I used are my new favourites - Deborah Lippmann Modern Love and Essie Naughty Nautical along with my trusty Sinful Colors Black on Black and Snow Me White.

Well, hope you enjoyed my blog post - thank you again to my wonderful friend Becca for letting me do a guest post for her, I hope she loves it too! :) 

Rachael xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment