Saturday 15 June 2013

ER31DC Week 16 - Tribal Print

I managed to get the last of the new BarryM summer Gellies last weekend, so I figured what better way to break all five of them in then in a tribal print?


The five new gelly colours are amazingly bright, and super summery.



This took ages. Every line is freehanded with a striping brush, as you can probably tell by the overall level of slightly wonky-ness. Proud of them nonetheless.


The base is BarryM Matt White, which is rather oddly named as its not a matt polish, topped with BarryM Key Lime, Guava, Passion Fruit, Blue Grape & Mango. Black was added with both my LA Colors Art Deco nail art polish and the BarryM Nail Art Pen, although sadly the nail art pen doesn't draw well on Seche Vite - it doesn't stick well, like drawing on plastic surfaces with water-based ink.


I did, however, inadvertently create modern art. Anyone think I could frame this with a suitably arty explanation? With all those colours, the cotton pad that I used to clean my striping brush came out looking like a complete colour riot!




1 comment: