Saturday 30 March 2013

ER31DC Week 4

Considering how many blue polishes I have I could have done about four people's worth of skittle and not duplicated a base colour, but I felt quite restrained this week and ended up trying stamping.

This was a risky move on my part - I've never really gotten stamping to work for me yet, and usually it ends up as a bit of a disaster. But bravely I soldier on, trying to get the damned things to work.

Plate used for this was BM-316, stamped with Sinful Colors Snow Me White over Nails Inc Gosfield Street. I've got quite a few dark blue Nails Inc polishes and Gosfield street is my favourite - dark enough for an impact, but still visibly blue and lovely. It goes on well too - two coats is enough if you make them slightly thicker, and it doesn't take too long to dry.



As you can see, the stamping didn't work perfectly - I'm missing little bits at the end of the thumb and on the side of the ring finger, but otherwise I'm quite liking it. Darker blues look good as the background for delicate prints like white lace.




No comments:

Post a Comment