Friday 22 March 2013

ER31DC Week 4 & Apologies

First of all, apologies for not posting for a week or so - we've had a bereavement in the family so everything has been a bit topsy turvy, and obviously family comes first.

Back to our regularly scheduled activities, and first up this weekend is the Extra Relaxed 31 Day Challenge. Week 4 is green week, and has once again highlighted that I really don't realise how many of each colour I actually have.


Shuffling through my surprisingly large collection of greens, I decided to see what I could do with just two colours and a glitter - Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure in Green Slipper, Essie's Navigate Her, and OPI Fresh Frog of Bel Air.




There wasn't a plan for this - I just pulled out my two favourite colours and started playing nice. 

Thumb & Pinky - I've been wanting to try The Nailasaurus' Gradient Tutorial for quite a while, so I figured why not squeeze it in to one of the skittles. Its super easy, and produces a lovely gentle gradient. 
Pointer - Three coats of Navigate Her, a lovely pale green which (to be honest) I don't really rate in the bottle but I love on my nails.
Middle - Three coats of Grass Slipper. I absolutely love this colour - its such a bright, vibrant green.
Ring - Three coats of Navigate Her, with a sponged glitter gradient of Fresh Frog of Bel Air. To be honest, I didn't expect the glitter to stay as well as it has, even though I topcoated it with Seche Vite, but its made it to sunday without losing anything. I'm impressed.



No comments:

Post a Comment