Saturday 23 February 2013

New BarryM Gellys

The new BarryM Gelly Hi-Shine colours came out Feb 13th in Superdrug - Lychee, Greenberry, Papaya and Dragonfruit. Being not the biggest fan of pinks I opted out of buying Dragonfruit, a bubblegum-pink shocker, and picked myself up the other three. I was massively excited to use them in a mani... and then never really got around to it.

I've used Lychee plenty in my Pokemon Challenge nails, its a beautiful beige-cream colour and perfect for quite a few pokemon, but I've finally gotten around to using my favourite of the lot - Greenberry.


Greenberry is a beautiful light green-y turquoise - not as blue as it appears in the pic above - that dries to a super high shine like the rest of the Gelly range. It goes on quite streaky at first but soon evens out, and would be perfect on the second coat if laid on slightly thickly.

I was originally going to substitute Lychee for Papaya, which is the coral orange/pink, but as much as I love the colour I couldn't bring myself to not use Lychee. Might try some sort of gradient with them tomorrow for work?


Perfect summery solution to the completely unexpected three inches of snow that fell today. I really should watch the weather forecast more...

Done with BarryM Gelly Greenberry, Lychee on my ring finger and LA Colours Art Deco in Black for the stripe.

No comments:

Post a Comment