Saturday 26 January 2013

More New Polish!

As you may have guessed by now, I'm totally hooked on scouring for polish bargains. Mostly they're coming from Poundland and Poundworld, as they seem determined to sell every bottle of Sally Hansen ever made for £1 each. This makes me incredibly happy as they were still selling the Complete Salon Manicure range in Boots for £6.99 last time I checked.

I've bought far too much in the last week.

For the grand total of £24, I've managed to get myself Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure in Black Platinum, Gilty Pleasure, Grass Slipper, Calypso Blue, and Green Tea; BarryM in Foil Effects Silver, Peach Melba, Teal, Tnagerine and Gelly Watermelon; also Rimmel 60 Seconds in Sky High (to replace a bottle I had ages ago that seperated badly), Rimma Lycra Pro in Aqua Cool and Revlon Hot for Chocolate. My other half, like a complete sweetheart, sneakily bought me a bottle of Essie Bahama Mama as I've been eyeing up the colour for absolutely months but I'm far too cheap to pay full price for a bottle of Essie.







Managed to swatch the first 10 (the Sally Hansen and the BarryM polishes) and the results are below...


These are the Sally Hansen polishes. From thumb to pinky they are - Gilty Pleasure, Grass Slipper, Black Platinum, Claypso Blue and Green Tea. I absolutely adore the colour of Grass Slipper, it was a little streaky on the first coat but the second make it beautifully opaque and a super bright green colour. The only real let down was the Black Platinum on my middle finger. It went on very sheer and streaky, and by the third coat it still wasn't fabulously opaque. Looking straight on it looks fine, but if you catch the light behind it, its very streaky and quite see through.


And these are the BarryM polishes. From pinky to thumb they are - Foil Effects Silver, Peach Melba, Teal, Tangerine and Gelly Watermelon. I'd like to apologise straight away for the state of the bottom of my thumb nail - my left hand isn't the steadiest and I slipped when doing the Gelly Watermelon and it just would not come off. That shine is without topcoat, however, so its definitely living up to its 'Gel' aims. Everything is three coats apart from the Silver Foil Effects which is only two. As you can see the Tangerine isn't quite opaque, I'll have to try it over a white base to see if that gives it a helping hand. Lovely shimmer on the Tangerine though. And I absolutely adore the Teal - mainly because its my favourite colour.

The remaining four will have to be swatched tomorrow, methinks. I only have so many fingers, haha.

1 comment:

  1. looooooooooove the Sally Hansen Green Tea! I blates need to get to the pound shop BEFORE you do! ;)

    ReplyDelete